10 Ways to Spot a Scam
Are you tired of getting the wool pulled over your eyes? Need some tips on how to spot a scam? Check out these “10 Ways to Spot a Scam,” and send scams packing.
(1) One of the major 10 ways to spot a scam is that you are told that you can make money online with a push of a button. It’s totally possible, but it’s not as easy as a push of a button. Don’t believe everything you read, no matter how convincing it sounds.
(2) Ridiculous claims. Examples:
- “This regular housewife makes $1,000.00 a day.”
- “Our system shows you how to make money while you sleep!”
- “Make money on autopilot.”
(3) You must pay money first to see results or get any kind of help/support.
(4) You cannot get any customer support or help with any of your questions, no matter what you do.
(5) Emotional manipulation is at play. For example, you see rags to riches stories that just don’t add up. Some scams will play hard on your emotions. If something doesn’t feel or sound right, listen to your intuition.
(6) You see photos of flashy, material things; material things are over emphasized and shown as easy to obtain.
(7) You are rushed into buying it now. Example: “It’s a limited time offer! This is your only chance to live your dream, buy now!”
(8) The program is not clearly explained. You find out later that you need to buy more for the program to work.
(9) You can’t try before you buy. This is not always a sure sign of a scam. Some legit companies don’t offer a free trial, they should, in my opinion.
(10) There is no money back guarantee – Most reputable companies will have at least some type of guarantee or policy.
Have you ever lost money to a scam? What happened? I would love to hear your experiences, so please leave a comment below. Thanks!
Also, feel free to email me anytime at: Jen@workonlinescamfree.com.